FreeNameservers for Developers
What makes FreeNameservers “simple” is its easy-to-use user interface and automation features.
All options and settings are available directly from the intuitive Windows user interface.
It provides wizards for common tasks such as setting up new zones, importing data, making bulk updates, etc.
You never need to mess with cryptic configuration files or registry settings.
Novice users can have their DNS server up and running correctly and securely in no time.
But make no mistake – FreeNameservers is a very capable and full featured DNS server, and it has plenty of options for expert users to tweak it just the way they want.
Quickly and easily update thousands of zones in one quick step:
– Find and replace an IP address.
– Find and replace a host name
– Update DNS record TTL values
– Update zone e-mail servers (MX-records)
– Update zone DNS servers (NS- and SOA-records)
– Update SOA-record data fields
– Promote secondary server to primary (convert all secondary zones to primary)
– Update primary DNS server IP address for secondary zones